AOF Activities & Events
Twice a month, Reason Center (RC) and AOF show you the love by treating you to a Free Movie under an excellent MPLC License (basically, a show-movies-for-free license). The License discourages us from naming the movie. Sometimes we can hint, sometimes not - and plans do change. But if you contact Reason Center (see below), they'll tell you, then you can tell anyone.
This one will be a 2019 action thriller, about a wealthy heiress in need of protection when her life is put in danger. A bodyguard and counter-terrorism expert is assigned to safeguard her when a kidnapping forces them both to go on the run. Starring Noomi Rapace.
How do you attend? You'll need a personal Netflix account + a laptop or desktop computer with the Google Chrome web browser. If you don't have these we apologize -- please be patient until we have a physical movie venue again. Else, here's how to join us:
- Open your Chrome web browser right now and install the "Netflix Teleparty Extension." Get the extension at: https://www.netflixparty.com/. (Really, do it now, don't wait till movie night!)
- Just before show time, about 15 min. before, fire up the Chrome browser again and visit this webpage: https://www.meetup.com/SacFAN/events/rvnmksycclbjb/. (You may have to join the Meetup, but it's free.)
- Under Details, the very special Netflix Movie Teleparty link should appear.
- Click that link. The Movie Teleparty page will open. Log into your Netflix account (if not logged in already). At the top right of the browser frame check your "Extensions" list. Find the letters Tp in red. You'll need to click on the red letters. (If you can't find the Tp, look for the little puzzle-piece icon in the upper right, click, then you'll see it.)
- The Netflix movie party should begin. You'll be watching it along with the rest of us. As it plays we can chat on the side of the screen and make silly, snarkey comments.