AOF Activities & Events
Natural selection! It seems so natural. In fact Darwin's theory is a springboard to explore the evolution of many things; even ideas; even religion. The history of religion shows how it survived and became so infectiously pervasive: by birfucating, by spawning, by mutating, by competing. Many threads adjusting to the world in live-or-die nudges.
The wise presenter, Sarah Strand, holds a doctorate in behavioral neuroscience from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and has lectured on neurobiology topics (including religion, morality, and love) for ten years. She is a psychology lecturer at Sacramento State University, an ESL teacher, and a neurotheology science communicator. Her very first religion talk was the result of an invitation from Atheists and Other Freethinkers and Sac-FAN in February 2010. Since then Sarah has developed a three-part lecture series and a course at Sac State about the psychology of religion. That very first invitation, she says, was a catalyst for this part of her career. How about that!
Another great event of the AOF Speaker Series. So full of surprises and revelations, you may never see your eyebrows again.
How to attend:
Reason Center is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown, and might still be by the end of July. So this meeting will occur via Videoconference.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do this just once, it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.)
- Moments before: Visit link https://zoom.us/meeting/86328040740. It will take you to a Zoom Page.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own Zoom account, but this is probably not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeding ID (it probably won't), the ID is 863 2804 0740.
- If it requests a passcode, the code is 107225. Again, probably not needed.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.
Or listen in by phone at 1-669-900-6833. Same meeting ID and passcode (863 2804 0740 and 107225).