AOF Activities & Events
Bitten by a radioactive stand-up artist, Steve Hill now uses his comedic super powers to open minds to important issues in a way that lets you acknowledge and address problems in a dialogue-conducive environment while revelling in the absurdity ... of everything.
After ten years in aerospace, Steve, a comedian and former Marine sergeant (!), decided to work within the California prison system. No, not as an inmate: he was a guard for about 10 more years. The experience was ... educational. Now he will share what he learned about incarceration versus education, an issue possibly relevant for a nation with the highest incarceration rate in the world.
The amazing Mr. Hill ran for California State Senate District 21 in 2016 and garnered 12% of the vote (over 13,000 votes), pretty remarkable considering his well-advertised membership in The Satanic Temple. He ran again in 2020 in a more crowded field and pulled 10,863 votes, which demonstrates an ability to tap into the public's attention and earn their confidence.
Trust us, he is a good guy -- look at that smile. Butter wouldn't melt.
Save the date, mark your calendar, tell friends, and avoid holy water.
A great event of the AOF Speaker Series, and another patchwork piece in our delirious farrago of allusion, rebellion, and cheerful subversion.
How to attend:
It looks like Reason Center will still be closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown, so this meeting will be online only.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do it just once, it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.)
- Moments before the meeting: Visit https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83936058220?pwd=WFQ1dUhSKzIwL2w0NFFGMnFmTnoxdz09. It will take you to a Zoom Page.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own Zoom account, but this is not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeding ID (it probably won't), the ID is 839 3605 8220.
- If it requests a passcode, the code is 565813.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.
Or listen in by phone at 1-669-900-6833. Same meeting ID and passcode (839 3605 8220 and 565813).