AOF Activities & Events
Red-Blue Workshop: Starting the Conversation
Presenting a special participatory event of the AOF Speaker series! Excla-freaking-mation mark!
You know about Braver Angels, right? Please say yes. It's a national nonpartisan, nonreligious group seeking to close political chasms. Launched in 2016, Braver Angels bring liberals and conservatives together at the grassroots level — not to find compromises, but to find the person behind the ideology.
Their ongoing Red-Blue Workshops help Americans understand each other beyond the stereotypes, form community alliances, reduce the vitriol that poisons our civic culture, and eventually sing Kum-ba-yah.
This time eight "Reds" and eight "Blues" will be active participants in an online meeting, guided by two moderators. Others will be silent observers. We will not be recording this meeting. Here's your chance to participate or to just see up close how these workshops operate.
For an example of the process, watch Braver Angels' 50-minute documentary, "Reuniting America," on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6kZpN5T3lU&t=8s.
Like to participate as an active Red or Blue? Like to find the beautiful truth behind the illusions? Contact the Program Team (see email below) and the team will contact you to confirm.
How to attend:
Reason Center is currently closed, so this meeting will be by online videoconference.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do it just once; it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.)
- Moments before the meeting: Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82579700060?pwd=dzk1N0lxVm5yS3k3SHdLQXR6NGlTdz09. It will take you to a "Zoom Page." Click the blue box that says Launch Meeting.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own free Zoom account, but this is not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeting ID (it probably won't), the ID is 825 7970 0060.
- If it wants a passcode (it probably won't), the passcode is 315920.
- If necessary, click the line that says Join from Your Browser.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.
Or listen in by phone at 1-669-900-6833. Same meeting ID (825 7970 0060) and same passcode (315920). This is for the Northern California region.