AOF Activities & Events
Who are we anyway?
A meeting designed for new folk needing an introduction, but also for old-timers stymied by all the freethought and secularist groups in Sacramento. Why this higgly piggly hodgepodge, this tumbling tangle of wrangling felines? Why not merge into a single, amorphious, freethoughty blancmange?
Sigh. If only it were so simple.
First we'll explain (try to explain) the vasty differences, legal and otherwise, between AOF, SacFAN, and some of the other groups. Who organizes California Freethought Day? Who does Darwin Day? What about the Humanists? What's the connect to Sunday Assembly? Who are the Sacramento Skeptics? If the local secular scene seems a maze to you, you're not alone, and we'll answer questions ... some of which might be, ahem, unanswerable. Expect hawing & hemming. Leaders will describe their groups and we might even flash a few Venn diagrams. You remember your set theory, right?
For part two, we'll look at humorous nonbeliever memes & toons collected over the past few years. You might have a few, so have 'em ready to screenshare!
Another fine event of the AOF Speaker Series.
How to attend:
Reason Center is currently closed, so this meeting will be by online videoconference.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do it just once; it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.) (Note, this is optional -- it just makes the teleconference a bit easier.)
- Moments before the meeting: Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82768439243?pwd=R0lWMWJ5YWZjWEo1VWN5ZHdHMTRZZz09. It will take you to a "Zoom Page." Click the blue box that says Launch Meeting.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own free Zoom account, but this is not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeting ID (it probably won't), the ID is 827 6843 9243.
- If it wants a passcode (it probably won't), the passcode is 269811.
- If necessary, click the line that says Join from Your Browser.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.
Or listen in by phone at 1-669-900-6833. Same meeting ID (827 6843 9243) and same passcode (269811). This is for the Northern California region.