AOF Activities & Events
“I can’t wait to see what I do next,” is Judy Saint’s response to comments about her life so far. We just had to invite her for you to hear - you’ll be inspired by her personal adventures as well as hear about her upcoming plans for the local chapter of Freedom From Religion Foundation. She will share the areas where religion most tries to infiltrate our government and some “easy activism” suggestions that concerned people can do from home. Judy will also tell us about their recently finished major activism project involving 18 volunteers, and will happily tell us about "The Pleasant Atheist Adult Coloring Book" she has coming out in a few months.
You might remember Judy from when 55 atheist billboards went up in Sacramento, or when she put an end to a popular Chili Cookoff that secretly funded an evangelical youth group for years. Both events made the news. Judy also created the AOF Speaker Series which brought such names as Seth Andrews, Matt Dillahunty, Jaclyn Glenn, Dan Barker, and others to Sacramento. She says it was also a lot of fun hosting the “Judy’s Outrageous Interviews” series that you may remember.
During the Q&A you might get Judy to share some of her amazing personal stories, such as why she bought a BMW motorcycle over the phone from a dealership in Chesapeake Bay then flew back to pick it up, what it felt like to learn how to fly a small airplane coming across the country from Tennessee to California, why Encyclopedia Britannica asked her to help write their entry for Integrated Circuits, the counterintuitive feeling when she put on her black belt for the first time, or other personal stories that will inspire you to take your life by the horns, too. Join us for some fun.
How to attend:
This meeting will be by online videoconference.
- Any time before the event: Go to https://zoom.us/download. Download & install the "Zoom videoconference tool" if you haven't already. (Do it just once; it will be good for all future online Zoom meetings.) (Note, this is optional -- it just makes the teleconference a bit easier.)
- Moments before the meeting: Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83327989793?pwd=aXVNb1JjbDByckNjbFQwQ21EVHBqQT09. It will take you to a "Launch Meeting" Page. Click the blue button.
- If necessary, click the line that says Join from Your Browser.
- If it asks you to sign in: If you have a Facebook or Google account, or even an SSO account, just click one of the buttons for those, then sign in with your Facebook or Google info. Or create your own free Zoom account, but this is not necessary.
- If it wants a Meeting ID (it probably won't), the ID is 833 2798 9793.
- If it wants a passcode, the code is 965051.
- The videoconference should begin. Speakers on, please! Sit back and enjoy.